Combat Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse – For help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, CALL 1-877-8-HOPENY
). Addiction can happen to anyone, any family, at any time. THERE IS HOPE.
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Addiction Recovery Site
- A place for those in all stages of recovery to communicate in real time through a web browser. Providing resources, media, online communications, and chat-rooms.
– Addiction Resource works to provide free resources to help those overcome addiction and help to connect patients to the best treatment centers based on their unique circumstances.
Al-Anon Family Groups
– Strength and hope for families of problem drinkers.
Drug Use Signs & Symptoms
– Narcanon offers help to guide a loved one when trying to help determine which drug(s) are being abused. Also offers lists of drugs and complete information about each one.
– Real questions from real teens, including resources to educate and help you know whether you are addicted to drugs. This page includes interactions, videos, facts, blogs, and more.
Faces & Voices of Recovery
- Dedicated to organizing and mobilizing individuals' recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Our families, friends and allies in recovery community organizations and networks promote the right and resources to recover through advocacy, education and demonstrating the power and proof of long-term recovery.
– Overcoming drug addiction; all about substance abuse treatment, recovery, and help. Change is possible with the right treatment and support, and by addressing the root cause of your addiction. Don't give up—even if you've tried and failed before!
– Addiction and the Brain's Pleasure Pathway: Beyond Willpower
(Drug Abuse and Addiction) – Signs, Symptoms, and Help for Drug Problems and Substance Abuse
– The original network of resources on heroin
Information and Answers for People Fighting Addiction
– Lots of information about addiction, treatment, recovery, and support
New York State Department of Health
– Information for a Healthy New York
New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
– Offering help and hope 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for alcoholism, drug abuse and problem gambling. All calls are toll-free, anonymous and confidential. 1-877-8-HOPENY.
Not My Kid
– A good site for parents to reference: the drug abuse guide covers basic facts and how to recognize signs and prevent addiction.
Public Service Announcements
– Governor Cuomo's public awareness campaign focusing on opioids and synthetics, including the press release, the video PSAs and will also provide you with a visual of the new wallscape that appears in the Bronx and is posted on subways, bus shelters, etc.
– An overview of Substance Use from diagnosis to
or text HOPENY, the New York State Hope Line, offering hope 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for alcoholism, drug abuse, and problem gambling. All calls/texts are toll-free, anonymous, and confidential.